27 June 2012

Blackberry Peach Cobbler

Today's farmer's market on the square had wonderful looking peaches and blackberries.  This is my favorite combination for cobbler so I knew I must attempt a gluten and dairy free version.  This is very much a swap-out recipe: almond milk replaced milk, gluten-free flour mix replaced the flour, Earth Balance replaced the butter, etc. 

You'll need:
4 tbsp of earth balance
1/2 cup gluten free flour mix (with some baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum added)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
dash of pure vanilla extract
2 large peaches
blackberries (however many looks good)

Turn the oven to 350.  Place earth balance in your pan and place in oven--you want it to melt as the oven preheats.
I decided I wanted my flour mixture a little finer so I placed it in the food processor for a bit.  Add sugar.  Mix vanilla into the almond milk and incorporate into the dry ingredients.  It will have a pancake batter consistency.
Once the earth balance is melted, get the pan out of the oven.  Put the fruit into to the pan and then cover with the batter.


Place in oven and bake for around 45 minutes or until the crust is browned and springy.  The fruit will bubble.
Enjoy.













1 comment:

Peddie said...

This looks ridiculous. How good was it? I'm guessing very. Oh man.