18 June 2012

Baked Eggplant Burgers

Since so many veggie burgers on the market contain gluten, finding a great homemade burger recipe became a quick goal.  I came across The Tolerant Vegan's baked eggplant burgers recipe a few weeks back and knew it was one to try.  I'm happy in saying it was a great success!  One of the best veggie burgers I've ever eaten--and easy to make.

I followed the recipe fairly closely--discrepancies included adding in other colors of peppers, making gluten free bread crumbs (from an oven dried Udi's whole grain hamburger bun), using great northern beans, and tossing in a bit of stoneground mustard.  I made a half batch as the eggplant I had on hand was a baby one.  Photos of the process are below.  I can't recommend them enough.  My first gluten-free bun experience as well--very happy with Udi's.

 





2 comments:

Peddie said...

I think I'm going to make these... they look even better here than on whatever other photo thing I was looking at them before.

Unknown said...

They were SO GOOD. They are now my go-to burger.